torsdag 23. januar 2014

Something old or recycled on the StampArtic blog :)

We have a new challenge for you on StampArtic today. We want you to use something old or recycled or both on your project...
This sounds like a lot of fun, doesn`t it?

I had a blast making  my project when I finally figured out what to do :)


I had a couple of ideas, but they didn`t turn out the way I wanted, so I had to do some thinking. That is kind of a challenge when time isn`t on your site.
I dug true my suitcase of old scrapping and craft stuff. Then I found these slide mailer. They where really popular some years ago. 
I thought it could be fun to alter one. So i decided for the four slide one.
And I wanted to make it kind of vintage with these beautiful girls images I purchased on Etsy a couple of years ago.

I used TH tissue paper, gesso, distress paint, Faber castell big brush and some bits and pieces of old things from my stash.
This is the front of the mailer.

I also used one of Primas Vintage paintable notecards, just had to cut it down to fit the front. The distressing around the egdes is done with the Faber Castell big brush.

Here is both sides from the inside. I used some old paperclip, cheesecloth, prima chalboard notecard and some old rubons... the heart is really a candle embellishment from Nille, I just got rid of the pin and had some distress paint on it. Fit perfect in my mind :) I also used some Frantage embossingpowder, teal color and some small pearls in teal just for the contrast in color.

Hope this is for inspiration!
And for more inspiration on this subject go visit the StampArtic blog and check out what the rest of the girls made...one word WOW.

And if you have some of these Slide mailer, I would love to se them altered, so put a link in the comment field and I will visit your blog :)

1 kommentar:

Kjersti sa...

Dette var utrolig lekkert Gunn, kreativ bruk av bildene og masse flotte detaljer på alle sider!
GOd søndag!
Klem fra Kjersti:)